Consultation skills - session 1
A brief look at Flanagan’s approach to the consultation and some of her micro-consultation skills
Watch the YouTube clip Flanagan's approach to the consultation (click)
Create a log entry
- Detail what you have learnt from this video clip.
- Write a log entry on what are the benefits and pitfalls of using any consultation model.
- Regards the pitfalls that you have identified, how could you avoid them?
Then have a look at a few micro consultation skills video clips
- How to give credible reassurance (click)
- How to 'spin' management options (click)
Then watch the YouTube clip A consultation relating to gender dysphoria (click)
- Using the assessment sheet, detail the language (what actually was said) and non-verbal behaviours of the GP Trainee to deliver different stages of Flanagan’s model.
ASSESSMENT SHEET (click)