The re-approval process
Make sure you read the most upto date guidance from the Deanery
To contact the re-approval team use
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU NOW HAVE TO UPLOAD YOUR SUPPORTING EVIDENCE ON LINE. THE LINK WILL BE SENT TO YOU BY THE DEANERY 6 TO 8 WEEKS PRIOR TO THE SUBMISSION DEADLINE!
Keep upto date by going to the Deanery website
The two day TS seminar
You must complete the Trainer Re-approval Form and return it to Deanery four weeks prior to the seminar.
Your Programme Director also completes an approval form about you and your practice.
Prepare the following which will be used as resources for the seminar and for group discussion.
- Copies of your teaching programme for your GPStR.
- Last 2 feedback forms filled in by your GPStR (you should have been sent copies of these, if not these can be obtained from your Postgraduate Centre).
- A copy of the teaching and training section of your last NHS appraisal and / or your trainer appraisal.
- A recent video / DVD recording of your teaching on a consultation with your GPStR using the Consultation Observation Tool (COT).
- A review of yuor ESR reports.
- A video / DVD of your teaching with the MRCGP Case-based Discussion (CbD).
On the Day
- You will work in small groups with a facilitator looking at, CBD and consultation skills teaching.
- You will look at each others ESR reports
- You will have an opportunity to reflect on the other educational opportunities provided for your registrar in the practice.
- You will have an opportunity to discuss your own development and learning needs as a trainer and to plan how these will be addressed.
- You will have an opportunity to discuss the new workplace based assessment process.
- The seminar will be interactive and your feedback will contribute to the development of this process for your colleagues.